We are grateful for the opportunity to work with so many others in helping to empower people to
effect positive change in their lives. We strive to make sure New Brunswick will always be a
place that provides our residents the opportunity for a better life and a City they are proud to call
Mayor Jim Cahill and the City Council have built lasting partnerships that connect New Brunswick residents with opportunities for a better life.
Those partnerships have sparked ongoing economic development all across our City:
- More than 7,000 new jobs for City residents
- $22 million in tax relief generated each year by redevelopment
- 5,600 new homes for all income levels
- $3 billion invested in new residential, commercial, educational and healthcare facilities.
- A lower unemployment rate than the state, nation, and region.